Mayor Ferguson and Aldermen Vargas and Saenz Take the Oath of Office
On May 20th a Special Council meeting was held at noon at City Hall with Mayor Obed Escontrias presiding , Councilmen Rafa Carrera, Edgar Sotelo, Oscar Moreno and Butch Acosta were in attendance to canvas the May 11, 2013 City of Presidio Municipal Election Results as presented by Election Judge, Vivi Cantano.
The motion to accept the votes canvas was made by Butch Acosta and Seconded by Rafa Carrera, The motion passed with all in favor. The special council meeting meeting was then adjourned.
The election votes being officially canvased, Municipal Judge, Vivi Cantano administered the Oaths of Office to the incoming Mayor and City Council members. The oath of Mayor was taken by John Ferguson, and the oath for Council Members was taken by Mario Vargas and Armando Saenz.
The new City Council member’s next regular scheduled meeting will be held on June 13, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. at the Presidio Activity Center. The new City Council Membership is Mayor John Ferguson, Mayor Pro-tem, Rafael Carrera, Aldermen, Edgar Sotelo, Oscar Moreno, Armando Saenz and Mario Vargas.
City of Presidio election results.
ELECTION FINAL RESULTS .
The City of Presidio General Election Ballot for May 11, 2013.
Here who is ran and their votes on the ballot counted:
1. John William Ferguson, School Counselor 291
2. Obed Escontrias, Trucking 161
3. Esperanza Carrasco, Office Manager 157
City Council Race:
1. Armando Saenz-Albo Teacher 298
2. Jesus Jose Chavez Garcia, no listing under occupation 48
3. Ahmed Baeza Benavidez, Teacher PISD 165
4. John Edward Schaefer, 8th Grade Principal 99
5. Mario Vargas, Customs Broker 187
6. Cruz Madrid, Business Owner 86
7. Grace Allie Perot, Tranforming Texas Lead 140